Sunday, August 26, 2012

"As much as we try to control where we take ourselves, life seems to have other plans."  I almost referred to a "What if" and "I should've done..." but being able to go back and changing the course of events does not mean it would end up different or better. 

I remember having a math teacher who told me he thought I would be famous someday. I smile to think of this however I haven't quite reached that prediction yet nor have I been trying to become famous. I have worked in radio and have done a couple commercials. The comment sticks with me though giving me hope that my thoughts would wander onto pages and into peoples libraries or maybe I will help lead others towards their dreams and goals just by being myself.

There is another me that continued taking chances and is now a strong leader. I see it in my dreams at night speaking to an audience in another language about peace and who knows what.  In this life I have struggles but just keep going and envision a life made easier. Lol Yes that's funny because if life was easy what in the world would I learn from? Do you have a speach that inspires you? Everytime I feel a bit out of sorts I read the following speach given by Nelson Mandela:

 "...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Ok before I run away with my words into another galaxy as I fall into some sort of zombie-like uninspired state producing gibberish I better get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment